Thursday, January 26, 2012

Buyer Beware!







Auto Relocation Plus was contracted by my employer to move my car from Minneapolis to Chicago for a job transfer. Don't do business with these guys.








They'll ruin your car and make you deal with the aggravation of getting it fixed. ARP moved my car as part of a corporate relocation. My car was on top of the car carrier, and the truckdriver didn't make it under a bridge. My car had nearly $6,000 in damage. They also sat on the car for 4 days before they told me what had happened, and wouldn't tell me where it happened. Anyone reading this should know that ARP has substandard insurance. Their estimate of my vehicle's damage was $1600 vs. the nearly $6k that a reputable body shop AND my own insurance company estimated. The difference? They pay a labor rate of $26/hr. I can't even find a teenager to cut my grass for that low of an hourly rate. Then they tried to tell me that there are "approved" body shops that will do the work for this price - they were all chop shops. I finally was forced to submit a claim with my own insurance and have them subrogate against ARP's subpar insurance company to get the work done right. Not recommended.




I went to trade in the vehicle Auto Relocation Plus damaged. The dealer pulled a vehicle history report, which stated that the car was involved in a rollover. Needless to say, there was a significant amount of diminished value to thevehicle (i.e. now worth much less). I also found it interesting (of not infuriating) that someone had reported the damage, but ARP couldn't/wouldn't/didn't ever give me a straight story regarding what had actually happened. I lost thousands of dollars based on their poor business practices. These people are shady - buyer beware.

No comments:

Post a Comment